St. Pol British Cemetery, St. Pol-Sur-Ternoise, France
The town of St. Pol is about 29 kilometres south-west of Bethune and 34 kilometres west-north-west of Arras. The Cemetery is to the south of the town on the road to Frevent (the D916).
St. Pol-sur-Ternoise was a military administrative centre during the whole of the First World War and was taken over by Commonwealth troops from the French in March 1916. No.12 Stationary Hospital was posted on the race-course near the town from 1 June 1916 to 1 June 1919.
St. Pol British Cemetery was begun in March 1918, when the extension to the communal cemetery was almost full; the last burial was made in July 1920.